God chose me!

I have been reading through Romans lately and loving it. The past couple of days I have concentrated on Romans 9 with verse 16 really sticking out to me.

"So receiving God's promise is not up to us. We can't get it by choosing it or working hard for it. God will show mercy on anyone he chooses."

I am guilty of trying hard to be a good person to please God, putting more emphasis on what kind of person I am than focusing on God and letting God shape me himself. I love this verse, it really hits me hard. I already have God's promise. He chose me! There is nothing I can do to win God's affection. God is already crazy about me. So the best thing I can do is spend more time with God and develop our relationship, and then he will develop me into the person he wants me to be.

0 comments: