Conquering Fear

"Do You Think I'm Beautiful" by Angela Thomas
Ch. 9 His Perfect Love

I am learning that the only way to conquer fear is to make sure you're on the right platform, recheck the security of your straps, and then jump anyway. Fear will still be screaming your name, but you just have to go ahead and jump. Jumping anyway is about trusting. And when we trust, God gets to show up and catch us with His faithfulness. I remember hearing Andy Stanley say that if God has called you to run through a wall, your job is to take off running and trust that a hole will be there just as you get there. The illustration is a little intense, but so is trusting God. Trust is dangerous. Trust requires courage. If trust were easy, we'd never hear another peep from our enemy called Fear.

1 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I have not heard of that book. The title already caught my attention. I'll have to remember that for my next read. Sounds like something I could learn from. Thanks!